Mar 16, 2012 8:24pm
Re: Prophet Rumor
Jerry Garcia interview;
Raddison Hotel St Paul Minnesota 07/10/81http://www.archive.org/details/jg1981-07-10-Interview.shnf
1. Intro>reckogning album> 03:06
2. Song Selections for acoustic sets> 01:27
3. Filming of Dead Ahead and other film projects> 04:08
4. Dead Set record> 01:10
5. 15 years so far> 01:18
6. Writing with Robert Hunter> 02:55
7. Working without a net> 03:26
8. The addition of Brent to the band> 00:55
9. Jerry on tapping shows! 01:05
10. Venue breakdowns> 02:06
11. Unbroken Chain?/Jerry's car> 01:13
12. Working without a net reprise> 03:01
13. Unbroken chain rehearsal tapes> 03:50
14. Improvisation vs. formula> 03:22
15. Looking forward to 1982> 03:09
16. Have you heard about Deadbase? 01:20
17. Introductions of freaks> 00:15
18. Jerry on the Midwest> 01:54
19> Jerry smokes a jay> 02:19
20. Is the Uptown Theatre (in Chicago) Closed? 03:30
1. /Getting Althea right> 02:02
2. Here's the jay> 04:57
3. Bobby Wierd> 03:19
4. Touring across America> 04:25
5. Working with Phil and Micky> 04:30
6. Flying to gigs> 04:29
7. Pat calls for backstage passes> 01:49
8. Jerry bums a smoke> 02:58
9. Iko Iko and other song's mysteries> 03:22
10. Jerry on world events> 02:52
11. "This is not the right world for our trip"> 03:11
12. We got to get going 01:07
13. Althea/ (1981-07-10) 05:55
Mar 17, 2012 6:58am
Re: What a Great Jerry "Interview" Tape!
Hmmm, not sure how that relates to Prophet Rumors, but that's a great listen! It's particularly fun when you realize it's actually just a group of guys who wanted to hang with Jerry and made up the part about being with a college radio station, LOL.
A few little highlights:
Jerry talks about Cornell (5/16/81) and the Nobody’s Fault jam; apparently he went up to the mic to sing ... and he wasn't even going to sing the words to that song, just something else it had reminded him of. But then he realized Weir didn't know that one. Wonder what it was.
He talks at another point about changes in Eyes related to Brent’s joining the band (and also related to them not remembering a minor-chord part they used to do at the end well enough to teach him, or something to that effect).
He says nice things about the atmosphere at the Uptown for those who remember that place fondly.
The "interviewers" talk about having liked Althea in the second set. Jerry says that’s a good idea and he might put it there again – and actually, that’s where it ends up being a few hours later during that night's show!
I haven’t heard that show, but I'm going to give it a listen right now. The 2nd set looks really neat: UJB>Playin>China Doll>Playin>UJB ...http://www.archive.org/details/gd81-07-10.nak300.munder.7314.sbeok.shnf
Btw there's a story on Deadnet from one of the guys in the hotel room for the "interview." Apparently it was just a clever plan on their part to meet Jerry, successfully pulled off! The guy provides a thoughtful reflection on how really generous Jerry was with his fans and how comfortable he made them feel. http://www.dead.net/show/july-10-1981
This post was modified by AltheaRose on 2012-03-17 13:58:13